Youth Leadership Award
The Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership (DCP) established the Reflection in Action: building healthy communities™ (RIA) Youth Leadership Awards in 2010 to recognize outstanding youth leaders who represent the vision and purpose of RIA, exhibit leadership qualities, advocate on behalf of those marginalized by society, advocate for health and educational opportunities, are role models for civic engagement and participate in or support the arts.
Past years award recipients
- Middle School Winners- Andrew Edge, Jacob Klibaner
- High School Winners- Yasmin Bailey, Dominique Wilson, Isaiah Lyons-Galante
- Middle School Winners- Shantia Antunes, Grace Toner
- High School Winners- Fabiola Moquete, Tremayne Constantine, Thelora Marseille
- Middle School Winners- Meryl Bantefa
- High School Winners- Genesis Bautista, Joseph Monge
- Middle School Winner – Destiny King
- High School Winners- Eric Chan & Ngozi Victoria Nwaoha
- Matthew Degray Scantlebury Jr.
- Rocio Nuñez Pepen
- Jonathan Cenescar
- Makeda Girma